GEMELA grants for co-sponsored events
GEMELA invites members to submit proposals for co-sponsorship of events (symposia, mini-conferences, etc.). Up to two grants may be awarded each year. The maximum amount awarded for an individual event will be $500. To be eligible, proposals must meet the following guidelines:
- Co-sponsorship will be considered as long as GEMELA is not hosting its conference during the same semester.
- The event must be hosted by a current GEMELA member/s.
- GEMELA will be listed on program and advertisements as co-sponsor.
- The theme of the co-sponsored event must relate to GEMELA's mission.
- The proposal should include a budget indicating other sources of funding for the event.
- Please send proposals in the form of a short request in an email to GEMELA's 2nd Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org
GEMELA sessions at other conferences
- "Early Modern Nun's Giving" session at the 2012 M/MLA meeting at Cincinnati, Ohio: November 8-11, 2012. Organizer: Prof. Elia J. Armacanqui-Tipacti.
- "Spiritual Voyages Beyond the Convent Walls" panel at the 14th Annual Carolina Conference on Romance Literatures: March 27-29, 2008, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- "Poesía femenina" panel at the Eighth Biennial Conference of the Society for Renaissance and Baroque Hispanic Poetry, October 17-20, 2007, Universidad de Córdoba.
- Panel at the III Simposio Internacional Interdisiciplinario de Estudios Coloniales de las Américas, June 5-8, 2007, Quito.
- "New Visions of Teresa of Avila and Sor Juana" panel at the 2006 MLA Convention, December 27-30, Philadelphia.