- First-Book Award (scholarly monographs)
- Book Award (scholarly monographs; must not be a first book/scholarly monograph for the author)
- Essay or Article Award
- Collaborative Project Award (Edited Collections of Essays, etc.)
To participate in the GEMELA 2022 First-Book Award; Book Award; Essay or Article Award; and Collaborative Project Award, please:
- Send contact information and complete bibliographical information for each nomination or self-nomination to Emily Beck, Secretary of GEMELA, BeckE@cofc.edu, no later than February 1, 2022.
- E-book copies OR equivalent PDFs (for review purposes only) of in-print materials must be submitted to Emily Beck, Secretary of GEMELA, BeckE@cofc.edu, no later than March 1, 2022. Electronic materials submitted after March 1, 2022 will not be considered and the nomination will be disqualified.
Note: Members of the jury may request hard copies of books. If this were the case, we may request that you or your publisher send a hard copy for review purposes only after the March 1, 2022 deadline.
The jury award committees will be selected from among active GEMELA members. GEMELA Board Members will not serve as jurors. Members of the jury cannot serve in a specific award committee if they have been nominated or have self-nominated for the same award category.
We are hopeful that longstanding members of GEMELA will be excited about these awards and willing to serve as jurors.These awards mark a new step forward for GEMELA as we seek to formally recognize our members' excellent and innovative scholarship and elevate the national and international recognition of the association. If you are willing to serve as a juror for any of the award categories, please send your information to Rosilie Hernández (email@example.com) as soon as possible, and no later than March 1, 2021.